- Southern Housing Region Program
Southern Housing Region Program
The Southern Housing Region has a Community Development Block Grant for housing rehabilitation. The funds will be loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no cost to fill out an application and all information submitted is strictly confidential.
Columbia, Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Ozaukee, Racine, Rock, Sauk, Walworth, and Washington.
Funds are available for the following types of projects:
- Homeowners -- These funds will be lent to eligible households for home repairs. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there.
- Tenants -- Loans are available to assist with the purchasing of a home. The loan is a 0% deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. Funds can assist you with down payment and closing costs. There will also be funds available to make repairs to the home that you purchase.
- Landlords -- Installment loans are available for landlords who rent to tenants that are low to moderate income. The loan is a 0% interest loan. Contact the program administrator for more details.
- Contractors -- If you are a contractor interested in working with the housing program, please contact MSA Professional Services for more information.
The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs:
- Handicap accessibility
- Replace windows & doors
- Electrical updates
- Connect water & sewer lines
- Siding & porch repairs
- Repair/replace heating systems, water heater & plumbing systems
Household Income Limits
In Walworth County, your income must fall below the following limits in order to be eligible:
Updated April 2022