Southern Housing Region Program
Funds are available for the following types of projects:
- Homeowners -- These funds will be lent to eligible households for home repairs. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there.
- Tenants -- Loans are available to assist with the purchasing of a home. The loan is a 0% deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. funds can assist you with down payment and closing costs. There will also be funds available to make repairs to the home that you purchase.
- Landlords -- Installment loans are available for landlords who rent to tenants that are low to moderate income. The loan is a 0% interest loan. Contact eh program administrator for more details.
- Contractors -- If you are a contractor interested in working with the housing program, please contact MSA Professional Services for more information.
The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs:
- Handicap accessibility
- Replace windows & doors
- Electrical updates
- Connect water & sewer lines
- Siding & porch repairs
- Repair/replace heating systems, water heater & plumbing systems