Southern Housing Region Program
The Southern Housing Region has a Community Development Block Grant for housing rehabilitation. The funds will be loaned at 0% interest to eligible households for home repairs. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no cost to fill out an application and all information submitted is strictly confidential.
The following entitlement communities are not eligible: Racine, Beloit, Janesville and Kenosha.
Funds are available for the following types of projects:
- Homeowners - These funds will be lent to eligible households for home repairs. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. If you still reside in the home after 30 years, your loan will be reviewed with the possibility of extending it for another 30 years.
- Tenants - Loan are available to assist with purchasing a home. The loan is a 0% interest, deferred payment loan. You do not pay it back until you sell the house or no longer live there. If you still reside in the home after 30 years, your loan will be reviewed with the possibility of extending it for another 30 years. Funds can assist you with down payment and closing costs. There may also be funds available to make repairs to the home that you purchase.
- Landlords - Installment loans are available for landlords who rent to tenants that are low to moderate-income. The loan is a 0% interest installment loan. Contact the program administrator for more details.
Types of Repairs
The loan can be used to make the following types of repairs:
- Connect Water and Sewer Lines
- Electrical Updates
- Handicap Accessibility
- Other General Improvements
- Repair/Replace Heating Systems, Water Heaters and Plumbing Systems
- Replace Windows and Doors
- Siding and Porch Repairs
View the 2020 Household Income Limits (updated April 2020). For more information, contact the MSA Housing Office at 800-552-6330.