- District Attorney
- Victim / Witness Program
Victim / Witness Program
If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
- Department of Human Services: Elder/Child Abuse Services
- Domestic Abuse: New Beginnings/Association for the Prevention of Family Violence
- Domestic Violence Website
- National Suicide Hotlines: Toll-free/24 hours/7 days a week
Phone: 800-784-2433 (800-SUICIDE) or 800-273-8255 800-273-TALK)
- Sexual Assault
The primary purpose of the Victim/Witness Program is to provide information, referral and support to citizens and law enforcement officers of Walworth County who have been victims of or witnesses to crimes, and to ensure that the services specified under Chapter 950, Wisconsin Statutes, are made available to them. To achieve that end, the Victim/Witness staff, upon request, will maintain contact with victims and witnesses to update them on case progress in the criminal justice system.
Services provided by the Victim/Witness Program include but are not limited to the following:
- Insure that all victim's rights are protected under Chapter 950
- Information about how the criminal justice system works
- Specific information and updates on the case including case disposition
- Notification of court dates and plea agreements if requested
- Assist in the filing of a restitution request for out of pocket expenses relating to the crime
- Information and referral to community resources
VINELINK for Victims
The Wisconsin VINElink service provides release and custody status information about offenders in county jails.
Immigration & Customs
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) established the Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office to acknowledge and serve the needs of crime victims and their families who have been affected by crimes committed by individuals with a nexus to immigration.