Recording & Filing Fees
- Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions, Certified Survey Maps, etc.: $30
- Plats (Cemetery, Condominium, Time-Share or Subdivision): $50
- Termination of Decedent’s Property Interest Form (HT-110 and TOD-110): $30
- Transportation Project Plats: $25
Wisconsin Real Estate Transfer Fees
Section 77.22(1) of the Wisconsin Statutes provides that "...submission of a completed real estate transfer return and collection by the register of the fee shall be prerequisites to acceptance of the conveyance for recording." Effective July 1, 2009, it is required to file all real estate transfer returns electronically pursuant to 2007 Wisconsin Act 219.
- Current Rate: $3 per $1,000 of value rounded off to next higher hundred
- Visit the Wisconsin Department of Revenue’s Website on the Real Estate Transfer Returns page for more information
- View eRETR instructions
Real Estate Document Copy Fees
You can purchase copies of documents when you visit our office or send a request in the mail along with the required fees to:
Register of Deeds
100 W. Walworth Street
P.O. Box 995
Elkhorn, WI 53121
In most instances, mail orders are processed on the day received or the day following.
- Certified copies: Additional $1 per document for certificate
- Condominium Plats 14 by 22 inches: $2 for the first page, plus $1 per each additional page of the same document
- Subdivision Plats: $4.50 per sheet (full-size copy)
- Uncertified copies: $2 for the first page, plus $1 per each additional page of the same document
Note: Uncertified copies can also be purchased using a credit card on Landshark at the statutory copy rate of $2 for the first page, plus $1 per each additional page of the same document. Please note there is an additional Internet convenience charge of $3 per session. The system will do a pre-authorization of $50, but will only charge for documents accessed. In addition, escrow or monthly subscription accounts are available for users needing to access land record documents frequently. See the Landshark website for more information.
Surveys & Geographic Information System (GIS) Maps
Plats of survey are accessible free of charge on the Walworth County Website by using the Walworth County Parcel Information Inquiry or the Walworth County GIS Interactive Mapping System. If you prefer to purchase a copy, please contact the Property Listing division, located in the Treasurer’s Office.