Conservation (Agriculture, Stormwater, Erosion Control)
The Walworth County Conservation program has two primary focus areas- urban runoff and agricultural conservation practices.
The urban runoff program implements the rules and regulations set forth in Chapter 26-Environment of the Walworth County Code of Ordinances. The Urban team reviews stormwater management plans and issues permits for larger scale developments and subdivisions. This team issues permits for construction site erosion control.
The agricultural program works with producers to develop conservation practices for agricultural lands to improve water quality. These programs generally are implemented with state and federal cost-shared dollars. The agricultural team also works with producers to develop nutrient management plans. This team is responsible for ensuring conservation standards for compliance with the State of Wisconsin's Farmland Preservation Program are being met.
Walworth County Land Conservation Committee
The Land Conservation Committee exercises those duties set forth in Wisconsin State Statutes Section 92.07, subject to ordinances and procedures established by the Walworth County Board of Supervisors. View the 2021 Meeting Schedule (PDF).
Related County Ordinances
- Chapter 6 - Animals
- Article IV - Animal Waste Storage Ordinance
- Chapter 26 - Environment
- Article I Storm Water Management
- Article II Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Control and Walworth County Conservation Standards
- Article III Construction Site Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance for One- and Two-Family Dwelling Construction in Non-Shoreland Areas
- Article IV Conservation
- Article V Special Events, Public Assemblies and Mass Gatherings
- Article VI Nonmetallic Mining Reclamation
- Article VII Offering a Residential Dwelling as a Short Term Rental
- Chapter 30 - Finance (Article VII Fees and Funds)
Note: You will need to indicate that you accept the agreement and then navigate to the ordinance you wish to view. Find directions for viewing.