Resources & Links
Clothing Outreach Center
- Free clothing available for people in need
- Hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 10am-2pm / Saturday, 10am-1pm
- Verification voucher needed - (Current Lakeland School families can contact Jodi Bronson for voucher information: Email, or phone 262-741-4118)
Clothing Outreach Center • 58 Market Street • Elkhorn, WI 53121 • (262) 607-1901
The Community Space
- Free clothing and shoes: men's, women's, children's
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30-11am / Wednesday, 3:30-7pm / Saturday 8:30am-2pm
- No restrictions; no identification needed
The Community Space • 834 E. Milwaukee Street • Whitewater, WI 53190 - (262) 379-0187• firstname.lastname@example.org
HOUSING ASSISTANCE / SHELTERS
Bethel House, 133 S. Franklin Street, Whitewater ● (262) 473-2715 -
- Limited transitional housing assistance for clients
- Includes six private housing units to support in-house clients in Whitewater
- Provides a variety of services for people in need including housing, parenting skills, counseling, transportation, furnishing, limited short-term rent, utility assistance, etc.
Energy Assistance - (262) 741-3200
First Time Buyer Assistance - (262) 728-8296
HOPE NOW, Inc. - 107 W. Walworth Street, Elkhorn, WI ● (262) 723-4711
HOPE NOW, Inc. of Elkhorn serves households in the Elkhorn Area School District. This all volunteer, 501(c)(3) charitable organization may provide needed assistance for rent, utilities, and necessary auto repair. Assistance is not immediate as HOPE NOW meets twice a month with applicants. Call HOPE NOW for dates, time, and location of applicant interviews. 262-723-4711
Housing Authority of Walworth County - (262) 723-6123, offers rent assistance
New Beginnings Association for the Prevention of Family Violence, 735 N. Wisconsin Street, Elkhorn, WI ● (262) 723-4653
- Offers referral for affordable housing for victims of domestic violence/sexual assault
- Offers support groups and counseling
Twin Oaks Shelter, W9665 US Hwy 14, Darien ● (262) 882-3662
- Shelter that homeless individuals can stay at for a 60-day period
- Offers life skills and budgeting, family strengthening, and has a food pantry for clients who are living at the shelter
United Way of Walworth County
Walworth County, WI – Boys & Girls Club of Walworth County and United Way of Walworth County Emergency Family Housing Fund was established as a matching fund by Boys & Girls Clubs of Dane County and John & Jo Ellen McKenzie to support the Walworth County area. Our collective goal is to keep families impacted by the COVID-19 crisis together and safe in their homes. The fund has been issued for the purpose of addressing the needs of the Walworth County community arising as a result of the COVID-19 emergency, with the primary focus of supporting housing and utility needs. Click here for full announcement PDF PDF PDF PDF . United Way/Boys & Girls Club of Walworth County Emergency Family Housing Fund Application LInk.
Weatherization Assistance - (800) 424-8297
Wisconsin Emergency Rental Assistance Program
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
The Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA) is partnering with members of the Wisconsin Community Action Program Association, as well as Energy Services, Inc., to assist eligible renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need help with their rent, utilities, and/or other housing stability. Click Here Version OptionsResources & LinksHeadline for additional information or visit https://doa.wi.gov/Pages/WERA.aspx.