The week of March 30, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is tentatively scheduled to begin rehabilitation work along US 12, between WIS 50 and the state line, in Walworth County.
• Resurfacing nine miles of US 12
• Improvements to the County Road H and US 12 intersection consisting of new pavement and traffic signals, as well as the replacement of some culvert piping.
What to Expect
• The week of March 30, a 45-hour full closure of US 12 westbound is required between County Road H and Pell Lake Drive.
• Signed Detour: County Road H to WIS 120 to WIS 50 to reconnect with US 12 westbound
• A crossover will be installed allowing single lane, bi-directional traffic to utilize US 12 while the other side of the roadway is being rehabilitated.
• County Road H requires a temporary full closure from Elizabeth Lane/Sterling Parkway to the US 12 eastbound ramps. This closure is anticipated to be in place from late April until early May. Motorists will be asked to find alternate routes during this short duration.
The contractor, Payne and Dolan Inc., plans on completing the $9.5 million project by this fall. This tentative work schedule is subject to change.
More information about the project can be found at: https://projects.511wi.gov/12walworth/
Worker health and safety remains a priority as WisDOT monitors local, state and federal guidance related to COVID-19. The department continues to collaborate with work crews to address concerns and take necessary precautions. Contact WisDOT Southeast Regional Office at 262-548-5903 for any questions.