The Walworth County Veterans Service Office (VSO) is a free resource that provides professional advocacy, assistance, and advice for veterans and their loved ones. The VSO works for veterans, not the Department of Veterans Affairs, ensuring that veterans and their beneficiaries receive all that has been earned through their military service. Trained and accredited service specialists are available by appointment to help veterans complete all necessary forms and supporting documentation for Federal and State benefits applications.
- Disability: VA disability compensation claims, appeals of previously denied claims, housing and automobile adaptation grants, and clothing allowances
- Education: Assistance choosing and applying for education benefits, including Federal and Wisconsin G.I. Bills, vocational rehabilitation, Wisconsin Veterans Education/Retraining Grant, Wisconsin National Guard Education Grant
- Housing: Referrals and assistance in finding housing and energy assistance, including VA Home Loan Guaranty, Veterans Housing and Recovery Program, and supportive services for veteran families
- Health and dental: Assistance and advice on enrolling in the VA healthcare network, TRICARE enrollment, VA Dental Insurance, and more
- Long-term Care: Assistance with non-service connected pensions, Wisconsin Veterans Homes, VA Prescribed durable medical equipment, VA Pharmacy for VA-enrolled outpatients
- Survivor and Memorial Benefits: assisting loved ones with survivor pensions, burial allowances, military funeral honors, VA life insurance claims, and more
- Military Records/Awards: Ordering military personnel and medical records, requests for changes to records, requests for re-issue of medals, Reserve/National Guard retirement assistance
- Referral services: Employment assistance, drug and alcohol treatment, mental/behavioral health counseling, financial assistance, aging and disability resources
Contact the VSO: Follow the Walworth County VSO on Facebook, call them at 262-741-4222, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The VSO has moved! The office is now located in the Health & Human Services building, 1910 County Rd. NN, Elkhorn.