Road work began on August 1 on Wisconsin Highway 11 (WIS 11), between Clausen Road and the Walworth/Racine County Line, along the western portion of the Burlington Bypass.
Payne and Dolan, Inc. is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Resurfacing WIS 11 between North Road/Lyons Road and the Racine/Walworth County Line
- Box culvert replacement over Indian Run Creek
- Culvert repair at canal west of Lyons Road
What to Expect
- There will be a full closure from WIS 120 to County Road JS
- Access for local traffic will be maintained up to the culvert
- Signed detour utilizes Wisconsin Highway 120 and Wisconsin Highway 36
- Single-lane closures from County Road JS to the Racine/Walworth County Line
Construction is scheduled for completion by late fall 2022. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.