To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $2.45-million contract for improvements along WIS 67 (Elkhorn Road), from Geneva Street to Glenwood Drive, near Williams Bay in Walworth County.
Work is scheduled to begin March 1, weather permitting. Payne & Dolan, Inc. is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Resurfacing one mile of roadway
- Pedestrian improvements including Rapid Flashing Beacons and new pedestrian curb ramps
- Sewer and water pipe replacements
- Culvert pipe replacements
What to Expect
- Beginning March 1, roadway will be closed to through-traffic (traffic without a destination within the work zone) until late spring.
- Access to local residences and businesses will be maintained.
- Signed detour route utilizes I-43, WIS 50 and County Road F.
- The project work that remains after late spring will then be conducted with the roadway open to traffic.
Construction is scheduled for completion by this summer. The project schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.