Can I get informal forms on the internet?

Yes, many probate forms are now available on the Wisconsin Court website. These may be "downloaded" and are "fillable" forms. The Register in Probate's office also has an informal packet with a helpful informal handbook. You can obtain these in Room 2085 of the Walworth County Judicial Center.

Show All Answers

1. What is Probate?
2. I have an original will of a relative who just passed away. There are no assets that require probate. What do I do with the original will?
3. What is the filing fee for probate?
4. What is the difference between being named a personal representative or an executor?
5. How do I search genealogy records?
6. What is the cost for doing a probate search?
7. What is the cost for obtaining a certified copy of a document?
8. How much do you charge for copies?
9. Do you give hearing dates out for probate/guardianship pleadings before they are filed?
10. How do I file a claim?
11. I have a relative who died owning less than $50,000 in solely owned property, do I need to file a probate?
12. I have been appointed personal representative/executor for the estate of my uncle, who was an Illinois resident. My uncle owned a piece of real estate in Walworth County. What do I need to do?
13. Do I need an attorney to go through probate?
14. Does all of the decedent's property go through probate?
15. Is a personal representative paid for his job?
16. Can I get informal forms on the internet?
17. How do I go about collecting proceeds from a life insurance policy from the decedent?
18. I had power of attorney for my loved one who just passed away. Can I still manage his/her affairs?
19. How do I transfer a motor vehicle?
20. Who are the heirs?
21. When are the annual reports for guardians and trustees due?
22. I lost my annual report form. Can I get a new one?
23. I am a co-guardian/co-trustee. Do both guardians/trustees need to sign the annual report?
24. Do I need to show the Court proof of assets listed on page 3 of the accounting?
25. Do I need to send a copy of my annual report to Walworth County Human Services?